Tech dominated volumes on a quiet day.
- FB – Despite the 4% drop in FB, calls were still significantly more active (call to put ratio near 1 month average, around 2.5 to 1). The weekly 45, 44, and 46 calls, and the Oct 45 calls were the most traded lines.
- MSFT – Stock reversed hard after a more than 1% open higher. The weekly 32.5 puts were active this morning, and traded almost 40k on the day (average price of $0.284), mostly buyers initiating.
- KLAC – Trader sold around 15k of the weekly 60 calls at 1.32 (open interest to start the day was around 10k). Stock is right around its 10 year high (between 62.50 and 63, seen in both 2004 and 2007).
- YHOO – Jan14 25 puts traded almost 15k for 0.60 on the day. Oct 30 calls also active again, trading more than 10k.
- GE – There was more buying of the Dec 25 calls. Trader paid 0.39 for 20k in the afternoon.