On a very low volume day until the last hour of trading, a few trades stood out.
- XLF – Seller of around 70k of the Sept 30 puts to close at 0.32 and 0.31 in the morning. XLF closed the day as one of the weak performers, down 0.6% by the close.
- EFA – Buyer of 33k of the Sept 58 puts for 0.22 near the European close. The Oct 59 / 56 put spread also traded around 32k for 0.40
- FB – Call to put ratio over 3 today. The weekly 42, Sept 42, and Sept 41 calls were the most active lines. The Jan14 50 calls also traded over 20k.
- TSLA – Huge reversal intraday, though it still closed up 1.5%. The weekly 160 puts were actually the most active line, trading almost 20k as implied vol exploded on today’s intraday move.
- ONXX – The Oct 120 / 125 call spread traded 12,500 times to open for 4.70. Options are pricing in very little probability of a higher bid at this point, so the Oct 120 calls were only worth a dime.