Quiet option volumes in single stocks as the focus was on the macro situation.
- EEM – Buyer of 104k of the Dec 35/27 put spread paying 0.78. EEM fell back below its 50 day moving average as resource names underperformed today.
- VIX – Trading more active ahead of VIX expiry on Wednesday morning. The Aug 14 puts traded over 100k as VIX shot up to 6 week highs today.
- AAPL – Call to put ratio still quite elevated today, around 1.8, though AAPL couldn’t quite fill its January earnings gap around $514. Weekly 510 and 520 calls were the most active lines.
- INTC – Stock was almost 2% higher on an upgrade today, though it finished off its best levels too. The Oct 22 puts were the most active line, trading over 20k on the day.
- MU – Looks like a seller of 15k of the Jan15 20 calls at 1.35 to open.